Thursday, December 20, 2007

Y VIVA...!??
It was the last lab exam of my engineered engineering(hopefully... i think i will get thru). Had mugged up the formulas, the tabular coloumns and all the other shit. Exam was at 10 in the morning....i go to college at 9, people are furiously revising, re-revising, re-re-revising. I go to a relatively so called "AVERAGE" guy and ask him "oodidya?" (have u studied?). He says "ok ok, parvaagilla ".I ask him for his record book as i hardly have written anything in mine. I glance thru it, and suddenly I find 4 formulas which i never knew existed. Somehow i manage to mug those formulas as well. Its time.. I pray that i somehow get a very easy experiment and i pass.
The exam starts at 10.30, I get 2 decent experiments. I try and complete them. Its finally time for my VIVA (a sort of a ORAL test sort of a shit). I go and sit in front of the external examiner with my most innocent and childish posture.And, it starts off....my most humiliating VIVA ever..

Extern-yenappa nin hesaru? (whats ur name?)
me-nikhil sir
Extern-hometown?
Me-Mysooru only sir..
Extern-hmm....appa yen kelsa madthare? (where does ur father work?)
me- HR in some factory sir..
Extern- Nodidya avara factory? (have u seen his factory?)
me- yes sir.

Extern-hmm....logarithmic decrement andre yenu..?? (what is logrithmic decrement?)
me-hmm...hmm....(smile).. donn..gothilla sir..
Extern- adara graph bari nodona... ( write its graph)
me- hmm....(draw 2 lines....stop..) sir logarithmic decrement means the logarithmic ratio of 2 successive amplitudes sir..
Extern- (nodding his head)gothalla....now write the graph..
me- donno sir...(again smile)
Extern-Vibrations passa..???
Me-(shaking shaking head) hun sir passss....

Extern-appa gaadi tekotidaraa..? (father got u a vehicle??)
me-yes sir
Extern-yaavdu? (which?)
me-Yamaha
Extern- (cynically smiling) dina adralli joooom antha barthya..?? (everyday coming fast on that)
me-yeno barthini sir. ( i somehow come sir)
Extern- mane yelli...yesht doora illinda? (where is ur house and how far is it from here??)
me- in vijaynagar sir, arnd 20-21 kms to and fro..
Extern- ashtdoordinda bandu yen maadthay college alli..? (coming from so far what u do in coll?)
me-(looking at my answer sheet) hmm...hmmmm.. (smile smile)
Extern-placement aaitha..
me-illa sir
Extern-hmmm..... ninna experiment alli a fringe formation ge yeen anthare....??
me-fringes are formed due to stresses acting because of the load sir.
Extern- I know that.... what are the formations called.
Me- Fringes sir.
Extern- oodidya...?? (studied??)
Me- illa sir.' (no sir)
Extern-yenu gothilavallao....fail maadla..?? (u donno anything...shall i fail u??)
me-(smile smile smile)

Extern-nimma appanige hela neenu yenu oodolla bari beedi sutthya anthya...?? (shall i tell ur father that u dont study and only loaf around?)
Me-(smile smile) beda sir. (no sir)
Extern-what are the different types of governors...??
Me- gothilla sir. (donno sir)
Extern-y are governors used.?
Me-for speed control sir.
Extern-how they control speed..??
Me-donno sir..
Extern-ninage yeenu gothilla.....thats y u still not placed...sari now hoogu...
Me-thanku sir...

*runs away before the internal examiner asks anything*
*the attender asks for my record....like a fool i give it to him....later i realize that MY record will be used as a reference for the juniors...god save them....*

10 comments:

Sanaha said...

Hahahahaa..soooper..

If u manage to pass(rather if the extern's kind enuf to letcha pass),i'd conclude that ur smile does wonders!

Do blog about how interesting ur other lab was.. :D

Unknown said...

ayappa......HELLO XCUSEME.......viva carries only 10 marks...!!
and by the by...my other lab also same to same....but i was spared as the external did not ask me more than 3 questions....and obviously i dint answer them...!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude...... i think wit people like u n me and lab.... writing this in ur blog is useles... its like tellin.. i got up in the mornin brushed and shit...!!!
ALWA????????????????????

Unknown said...

adu correct e....aadru.....namma bere READERS ge.ENLIGHTEN madabekalva..!?

Pri said...

bwahahahaha. this reminds me of my viva. my friend and i chose the exact same topic but we twisted it in such a way that it appeared [to some people] as two different topics. it really was one project that we both managed to get credit for. at the viva i went first so i didn't have a problem but when she went it in they were like um some other student had a very similar topic and the poor thing had to come up with some sort of confusing enough explanation that they would fall for. and they fell for it. thank god!

Unknown said...

@pri avare..
this is my fate in all vivas..!!!

Anonymous said...

soo..yelladarallu pass aadra?

Unknown said...

yarappa idu......?? inna result bandilla..!!

Niki Nachappa said...

kaundi for one thing u could say something better than gothilla to most his questions....u just didn't...doing my exams with u has taught me one thing its this...u aren't as intelligent as u believe u are but ur twice more than what the `general perception` abt u is...

Unknown said...

ayappa..!! and what is the general perception abt me...!??