Friday, December 07, 2007

It revealed more than what it hid.....
Just another ride after dropping off my mother to the bus stand. Its 12.45 and unusually hot for a december afternoon. Waiting for the signal to turn green, I see a woman clad in a burka and a hijab walk past me. Fortunately for me or unfortunately for her, the hijab and the burka failed to serve their purpose. The strands of hair fluttered in the dusty wind, her copper coloured hand straightened it out, she adjusted her burka a little, and walked past me,the sway of her hips revealed her feminity which no tube top or low strung jeans could have matched. The light changed from red to green, I was still standing where i was, a shrill horn made me accelerate, I was just in time to catch up with her, I was about to turn and catch a glimpse of her face, and then i realized, why spoil the romance...!???
Did I see her hips sway because i am me, or did she just walk that way...?? Did I see what she wanted me to see, or did I see what I wanted to see...??

I waited for the light to turn green........in another signal, on another day....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yappaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
god save all the girls!!!!

Iceman said...

Maybe her face was copper coloured too :P
Good u didnt see!

Anonymous said...

see man.. hips don lie...

Anonymous said...

nim akka ginthanaa?????
By the way did the train from sikkim arrive?

silk smitha and disco shanti said...

@ above...
I think the train was on time......but i purchased the ticket after it left...!!!