Monday, June 18, 2007

The Chronicles of a 21year Old Car Learner....
What does a jobless/hopeless un-shaven un-haircutted (save the lingo...!!) 21 year old guy do on a fine sunny sunday morning.......!?? He is dragged away to learn how to drive a car........!!
It is supposedly supposed to be Un-manly and GAY not knowing how to drive a car being 21....!! Kids today know how to deive a 4 wheeler....so why should a MAN OF THE HOUSE not learn....!!??
So thus began EXPERIMENTS WITH TRUTH between me and Mr.Henry Fords creation...

Day 1,Scene1:The first TRUTH....
My father explains the difference between an accelerator and a clutch and how to release them simultaneously....For god's sake.... I have been driving a 2 wheeler for the past 7-8 years and know the damn difference between a clutch and an accelerator...!!! As I have taken a vow of not arguing with others,I keep mum and listen to all the "INSTRUCTIONS".Ok, now the car has started and I slowly move forward trying to control the steering in a MANLY way, all is fine upto the next curve.

Day 1,Scene2:The REALISATION....
A very neat curve lies ahead which I have passed a ZILLION times on my motorbike.Sitting behind the sinsiter looking steering wheel,I realise that Mr.Henry Ford made a grave mistake in his creation of the century....and that is he did not provide a mirror in which the driver can see all the 4 tyres....!!! For all the EDUCATION I have got in my 3 years of engineering and my so called expertise in driving two-wheelers,I suddenly forget the difference between a clutch and an accelerator.... The car suddenly moves and stops just in front of a ditch.....(the conversation and after this is for the readers(if any..!!) to comprehend...!!)

Day 2,Scene 3:The MOTHER of all problems.....
The night is fresh,the grass is green and what does the 21 year old guy do...?? Ask for a 2nd lesson in driving with his mother sitting in the rear seat...!! Everything starts of well,the TAKE OFF is neat..so is the first turn.Slowly we enter the main road,all is well..suddenly the whole of the rear portion of the car starts to VIBRATE to say the least...mother india is jumping in the seat and asking me to hand back the car to her man in shining armor for the moment....My MALE EGO and TESTOSTRONE refuse the offer and I continue my drive into the city.I hear a cry of relief/terror/excitement from the rear end every time another vehicle passes by.... and I remember those days....when I used to honk loudly on my motorbike everytime i used to pass a woman driver who was trying to learn the car...!!! The woman learner is always caught in between controlling the car...cursing/staring at me in the typical "oh u male chavunistic PIG" way...!! On top of this she is not able to get over with the schrezophenic notion of the male teacher staring at her assets.......!!! In my fantasy of trying to crush the FUNDAMENTAL FEMINIST TERRORISM on the road....I forget that there is something called a brake near my leg..........!!!!!!
(P.S. No one was hurt or opressed in my escapades....!! More EXPERIENCES will be added in my course of trying to unravel the mysteries of Mr.Fords creation...!!)

7 comments:

Sanaha said...

Hahahaa....it was fun reading it.. :)
All moms r so alike..

Experiences(i'd rather say 'mysteries to be unravelled' in ur ishtyle..) that r to be added r much awaited..

Unknown said...

definately.....more to come...!!

piyu said...

lol..Nikhil.. That reminded me of my driving lessons..
The tutor kept talkng of life and every minute being a miracle.. and I realized later..when people who sat in the car with me driving started talking about it.. but then , am not that bad either..hehe..
and these incidents are so much fun alwa?

Varun said...

yeno anna!doddavaru car kalithiddira!!hmmm bega kaliri namagooo maja baratte ododaralli!

Anonymous said...

dhabbha nan maga...... this guy is the laziest person on earth... All these days his reason for not learning is "Responsibilities jaasti aguthe"

Adam said...

nikhils' quest for manhood's reaching new highs...from sportin a himesh look alike persona(wasn't really Manly...that is unless u consider Himesh manly!)..to now taking car driving and even had the manly imagination of an instructor checkin out a trainee's assets!! manhood.... illi banda nammma huduga...(read: here comes our boy!) he he..

Unknown said...

ya ya aasith...here i COME...!! :P :P no pun intended..!!!