Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ok.....Here it is.
For people who did not know, I got a job around 10 days back and a person asked me as to y i did not blog about it.Hence this post.
Just to make sure every1 knows it, I am like the lastest person in the "institute" to get a job on campus. No...really. The interview was never as to what i expected it to be and i myself was quite surprised as to y those company people selected me...!!
After fretting about not being jobless for nearly more than a year, getting a job made me feel weird in a funny sort of way....!!! After watching most of my friends and classmates jump up in joy and have tears of happiness in their eyes after getting a job, i thought the same thing would happened to me. I saw them going to temples and pray for their good fortunes and thought i would do the same. I saw them distributing sweets and throwing parties and i thought i would do the same.
Well......nothing of that sort ever happened. I donno y but neither did i jump with joy nor have tears of happiness in my eyes. I had always imagined that i would feel on top of the world after getting a job. Nothing like that happened. I felt the same way as i felt when i had been jobless. I did not feel like throwing a party nor distributing sweets. I just.....did not feel anything..not even relief..........!!!!
People around me congratulated me....and some of their congrats surprised me cause i never expected them to do so.....I was both surprised and happy by them calling and congratulating me.....And....that was it......Four years of mechanized institutionalization has done things to me....!!! I felt no joy, no nothing after getting my first job and well.......thats how i have turned out to be after 4 years......Maybe because i feel i did not earn this job, maybe because i think i do not fit the job, maybe i am greedy for more....maybe.............??

8 comments:

Sanaha said...

Whoa..!
BoY!!you were sounding a lot more cheerful when you were jobless! :P

emlric eroth said...

Don't fret..you're only entering a capitalist,idealism-crushing,standardized market bent on destroying individuality in the workplace,for marginal efficiency and edge.
I got an s-job last week(no relation to the B...i refer to summer),resembling my last job. I turned it down at the prospect of spending sunny days cooped up "sales-associating" over-priced junk at a corporate, monopolistic chain.
And now,i'm jobless.

Chin up,you have this.
;)

Anonymous said...

lets see if u can work to ur expectations..... :-)

Anonymous said...

and can u plzzz xplain y silk smitha and disco shanti????????????

Puneeth Nagaraj said...

Puneeth here man... from the quizzing team..
damn good that u got a job man!! CONGRATS!! and all the best..

silk smitha and disco shanti said...

@sahana.
i am cheerful always...!!
@d
no i wont fret....i need to get over it..!!
@pj
lemme also c if i can work to my expectations..and simply for time pass.silk smitha and disco shanti..!!
@puneeth.
thanks man...and keep in touch man....u have an orkut accnt..!?

Iceman said...

Congrats!

DewdropDream said...

I know perfectly well what you mean. Things happen and everyone else thinks it's a great thing whch deserves a celelbration and acknowledgement and you keep wondering why they're making a big deal out of it although you personally don't feel the same way. It's okay to be a bit spaced out this way :) Congrats... maybe when you receive your first sal you'll be feeling a lot more excited!