Monday, May 26, 2008

The Bicycle Thief.
No.... I have not watched this supposedly award winning movie. Its really about a bicycle thief. Brother india's cycle went missing 2 days back. It was in the portico at 5.30, and at 6 it disappeared...And as always, I was the one who was blamed for it......!!!! It seems I did not take enough care and keep the cycle inside the house, and so because of me, some1 took the bicycle...!!!
So after all the finger pointing and shouting, yours truly sherlock holmes started deep thinking as to who can steal a cycle at 5.30 in the evening. After some deep thinking (without pipe in my mouth though) i suspected our local dhobhi....!!!

The next day we ask him has he seen our cycle and he says no. After constant bickering by brother india, mother india goes to your friendly neighborhood detective, who incidentally is an auto driver by day and sherlock holmes by night. The only reason he makes such a good detective by night is that he blends so very nicely into the night thanks to his wonderful complexion...!!!
After 2 days he comes home telling that the dhobi is the one and he has the cycle. And finally we get back the bicycle in the same condition it was before. And your friendly neighborhood detective charges 250rs as his Fee........!!!!
And now we don't have a dhobi, all my clothes are un-ironed, and no other dhobi is willing to come and take the clothes out fear that even he might be blamed if anything else goes missing.....!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, my bike went missing when I was 11 and it still hasn’t been found. Would you believe, I even filed a report with the police? They did nothing about it; I mean what could possibly be more important then finding my bike? I went to the station everyday to follow up on my report, but seemed like a lost cause and I gave up on them. If it hadn't been found in a year it wouldn't be found now!! Oh and the other reason was that everyone at the station decided to contribute to the buy-Reena-a-new-bike-fund, just to get me off their backs. I finally had a new bike and they had some peace and quiet!! 

piyu said...

oho hange!!

vishak said...

heheh... dude... holmes reasons his surmise everytime... whats urs.. u havent explained?

vishak said...

n 250 for a cycle??
its like gettin my 1100 gettin serviced for 750!

Anonymous said...

vishak... wen our writer waited 2 yrs to buy a perfect RX wat else would u expect??????