Thursday, August 16, 2007

COACH-ed
Eons seemed to have passed since the last time I traveled to bangalore by train (thanks to the uber-costly and on time buses...!!).Off late,there seems to be a feeling of "EXPRESSED" disdain between me and the humble rattler.Be it the express or the shuttle,each train to banglore had its own cacophony of drills which made the journey more smitten from time time.
Be it the regular government employees or the blind lottery ticket seller,each had its own romance.Who can forget the alluring smell of the "MADDUR VADE" or the mad rush to get the hottest "MASALA DOSE" at the maddur railway station...?? or the ever-smiling face of the "kadale kai" vendor and his soiled yellow shirt...?? The mad hanky throwing by all the uncles to catch the window seat farthest from the toilet.... the beckoning smell of the pantry....my adolescent fantasy of a beautiful damsel sitting next to me in the train....the hatred towards the people who stood smoking near the foot-boards....the casual talk with the co passengers which in-evitabily turned towards circket....and the awkward smell of the train which seemed to stick to my clothing but which sure was "oh so indian" to me..... Typing this,I vow to take a train to bangalore the next time I go there,but alas...I will surely be TOO BUSY and will take the rickety bus to be Bangalored........!!

3 comments:

Samyuktha said...

i share the same feelings! i love train journeys, but somehow we always end up taking some stupid bus with a loud kannada, violent movie, or some dirty cheap taxi!
and maddur vade...hmmm...simply delicoius! i want to eat some right now!
nice post!keep bloggin!

Varun said...

poetic stance these days aye?
good work!

piyu said...

Hey ,
That made a nostalgic read!
Ofcourse , I love train travels to Bang and just jump on an oppurtunity to do it..
The post on such a banal event has been made into a really nice read!